** This webinar has already taken place. Click here to download the recording.**
Group Health Plan Tasks Employers Should Complete by Plan Year-End and Open Enrollment Considerations
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 – 2:00-3:00 pm ET
Join us this month for an overview of the essential group health plan tasks that should be completed by the end of the plan year and considerations for running a compliant open enrollment period.
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of whether an employer’s size during the year will require it to offer coverage in the subsequent year
- Describe the information an applicable large employer will need to collect to prepare for 1094/1095 reporting
- Describe what coverage will need to be reported on employees’ W-2s
- Describe the HIPAA breach notification requirement, particularly the timing requirement for notifying HHS of breaches affecting fewer than 500 individuals
- Provide an overview of nondiscrimination testing (under Section 125 and Section 105(h), as applicable) that should be performed at the close of the plan year and again before the start of the plan year
- Describe how records should be kept and how records should be retained under ERISA
- Provide an overview of notices that employers should provide to employees during open enrollment, such as the Medicare creditable coverage disclosure
- Describe the requirements for electronic delivery of participant materials
- Explain the differences between making a change to the plan as part of open enrollment versus making a change to the plan mid-year
- Describe general updates that employers should make to plan documents and handbooks before the start of the plan year
- Describe open enrollment best practices
Chelsea Deppert is an associate in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips. She provides practical guidance to employers on the technical aspects of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of employee benefit plans and programs. She advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits, including retirement plans, health and other welfare benefit plans.
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the tasks to complete as the group health plan year concludes and prepare for a successful open enrollment period for the subsequent plan year. For an access code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar. Once the webinar recording is release, you will be able to download in this article.