|Medicare impacts employer administration and employee utilization of their group medical insurance plan in many ways. Employers need to manage:
- Coordination of benefits between Medicare and the group health plan
- Medicare and HSA contribution pitfalls
- Open enrollment periods
- Claim subrogation
This webinar will help you confidently manage benefits for Medicare-eligible employees by answering these questions:
- Why do I need to complete the CMS disclosure form?
- Who do I include in the disclosure?
- What are the acceptable ways to provide Medicare Part D creditable coverage letters to my employees and their spouses?
- Can an employee enroll in the group health plan and also receive prescription drug coverage from Medicare?
Can I request that my over-65 employees enroll in Medicare instead of the group health plan?
Carl Pilger is of counsel in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips and a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits Practice Group. He advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, with an emphasis on health and other welfare benefit plans, cafeteria plans, consumer-driven health care options and employee wellness programs.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available. The webinar is 60 minutes and is an exceptional educational value for only $200. This webinar event has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
The use of the HRCI seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval. Fisher Phillips is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors—the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization, with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, England and Ireland.