Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of financial reporting functions, including the development of the Corporate Income and Expense Budget and the monthly reporting of the Actual results. This role is also responsible for various general accounting functions, including the daily recording of client revenue received, the management of client invoicing efforts, company payroll and accounts payable processes. This is an EXEMPT level position that does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the development of the Corporate Income and Expense Budget and the monthly reporting of the Actual results.
- Responsible for the daily reporting of commission revenue (Gen4) received and the pulling of applicable commission statements from the carrier sites. This effort includes working directly with clients and carriers to resolve payment variances or omissions as needed.
- Responsible for the monthly creation and dissemination of client invoices and the ongoing oversight and reconciliation of outstanding receivables.
- Responsible for processing the bi-monthly corporate Payroll, including the payment of all applicable Payroll Taxes; the weekly Accounts Payable; and the posting of all required monthly cost accounting journal entries.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to client service teams, such as the setting up of new client accounts, contacts and related policies in Gen4. It might also include the annual rollover of client policies in support of the client servicing effort and/or the running of carrier reports in support of the financial analyst role.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is an administrative support role within the LHD organization that is NOT responsible for directly supervising others.
This position has access to highly confidential information of all sorts, which will require exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of clients and their employees, as well as LHD’s employees and intellectual property.
Must be able to make decisions concerning competing responsibilities regarding priority and be disciplined and organized in the efficient use of time.
This position displays a willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Contacts Internal/External Customers
This position will have a need to work with customers both internally and externally. The successful applicant must be able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all stakeholders, employees and customers.
- Detail oriented
- High Integrity, trustworthy and dependable
- Self-starter and a results-oriented problem solver
- Entrepreneurial team player
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is required
- 3-5 years related Accounting experience
- Experience working with Corporate Budgets
- Experience with QuickBooks GL and Payroll Processing
- An understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles and Federal and State Tax laws
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, as well as analytical skills
- Advanced working knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Passion for LHD’s mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service