LHD Benefit Advisors Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to LHD Benefit Advisors (LHD) and we go to great lengths to protect it. This Privacy Notice applies to the online collection and sharing of personal and other information via the LHD website. This Notice does not apply to information collected in any other way, including offline. The LHD website may contain buttons or links to sites maintained by third parties. These third-party sites are not operated or controlled by LHD and may have different privacy practices.
In this Privacy Notice:
- the term “Personal Data” means any information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This includes but is not limited to your name, address, phone number, email address, and/or certain additional categories of information that identify you personally.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS THAT INFORMATION USED?
- We collect information about our users in the following ways:
- directly from the user,
- when registering for an event, or
- signing up for a newsletter.
- We also allow our analytics provider or providers to collect usage information over the Internet to determine website traffic.
- We do not share your Personal Data, unless we say so in this Privacy Notice, you consent to the sharing of the information, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- If you contact us for customer support, we may ask you to provide information about your computer/mobile device or about the issues you are trying to resolve. This information is necessary to help us answer your questions. We may record your requests and our responses for quality control purposes.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
- We have implemented appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We store the information about you in a data center with restricted access and appropriate monitoring.
- We use intrusion detection and virus protection software.
- While we take commercially reasonable measures to secure your data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will stop all unauthorized access.
WHERE IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
Also, please note that we may store and process your Personal Data in systems located outside of your home country. However, regardless of where storage and processing may occur, we take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is protected, consistent with the principles set forth under this Notice.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE PERSONAL DATA?
- We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists customer names or email addresses to others, and we will not make your Personal Data available to any unaffiliated parties, except our approved agents and contractors, or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
- We will share your information as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another company), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
HOW MAY I CORRECT, AMEND, OR DELETE MY PERSONAL DATA, OR UPDATE MY PREFERENCES?
- If you do not want to receive information about our products or services, please update your account preferences and/or utilize the “unsubscribe” mechanism within the communications that you receive from us.
- If you need to change any of your information or have it deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions or concerns related to this notice and/or our practices, please contact us at 317-705-1600 or email email@example.com.
PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES
Our Privacy Notice may change at any time. If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post the policy changes here. This Privacy Notice was last updated on May 21, 2019.