Mark Sherman is a Benefit Advisor with LHD Benefit Advisors with a focus on mid-size and large employers and their employer based health plans. Mark brings a unique background to the benefit consulting realm based on his prior experience in public accounting followed by significant experience in senior HR leadership roles. This mix of financial analysis and “buyer-side” perspective helps him guide his clients to employee benefit solutions that balance the employer’s desired financial outcomes with the impact on the employer’s workforce.
Mark began his professional career working as a CPA in the tax practice for Price Waterhouse. Later, he lead the Human Resource efforts for Walker Information and Brightpoint before moving into the employee benefit advisory field in 2003.
Mark has significant experience in the employer based health plan arena including:
- Development of multiple year health strategies
- Health plan benefit design issues influencing utilization patterns
- Design and implementation of consumer driven health plans
- Health plan reporting and data analysis
- Insurance carrier and plan administrator evaluation and selection
- Health plan utilization and cost trend identification and analysis
- Health and wellness plan design including incentive based strategies
- Employee benefit communications
In addition, Mark is also active in the industry and community and shares his time and expertise with the following organizations:
Manchester College Board of Trustees
Special Olympics of Indiana – Board of Directors
International Kidney Stone Institute – Founding Board Member
Anthem Agent Advisory Council
Indiana State Chamber – Health Care Policy Committee
Mark received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Manchester College.