Reporting directly to the Partners of LHD Benefit Advisors and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will be a strategic thought-partner responsible for the establishment of the organization’s financial management strategies and the implementation of strategic initiatives. In addition to the strategic responsibilities, this position will also be responsible for the oversight of the financial systems and operational procedures in the areas of Finance, Accounting and Information Technology.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the establishment of financial management strategies, the setting of strategic initiatives, and the successful implementation of financial goals and objectives and the daily accounting operations.
- Ensure that all financial statements are developed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Responsible for the compilation, analysis and presentation of financial statements in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial results; provide analytical support to the Executive management team as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual operating revenue and expense budget. Responsible for reporting actual vs budget results on a monthly basis to keep senior management informed.
- Oversee the daily accounting efforts, including but not limited to, financial forecasting, monitoring of cash flows, payroll, accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Responsible for the oversight of the corporate HITRUST certification effort; Update and implement enhancements to established security controls, operating policies and accounting practices as deemed appropriate.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in the maintenance of established banking relationships, various operating lease arrangements and communications with external revenue agents or auditors.
- Responsible for managing the Accounting and Information Technology staff (s); develop, provide operational support and mentor staff as appropriate.
Strategy, Vision and Special Projects
- Provide financial analysis and strategic guidance on all merger and acquisition activity.
- Complete Special Projects as agreed upon by the senior management leadership team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality; promote and ensure that the focus remain on the organization’s mission and that a commitment to superior customer service is emphasized and maintained.
- Trustworthy, high integrity and proven leadership qualities
- Ownership, dependability and accountability
- Self-reliant, a proven problem solver and results oriented
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multi-task
- Internally driven and self-motivated
This position is a senior leadership role within the LHD organization and will be responsible for directly supervising others, with opportunity to influence and/or mentor individuals both inside and outside the company.
This position has access to confidential and proprietary information of all sorts, which will require exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of the employees, customers, clients and the intellectual property of the company.
Must be able to make decisions concerning ongoing projects with regard to priority and be disciplined and organized in the efficient use of time.
This position requires superior judgment regarding decisions that could potentially impact internal operations and external customers.
This position has financial authority in various areas including, but not limited to, check signing authority for the disbursement of funds and the authority to represent the organization in financial matters as needed.
This position has contact with staff at multiple levels within the organization, up to and including senior leadership. The successful applicant must be able to communicate well with all LHD employees, external clients and customers.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in Accounting or Finance a must
- CPA and/or other finance designations preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management role, with proven success in leading planning efforts and managing operationally effective organizations
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, reporting and accounting is essential. Additional exposure to Audit practices, Legal compliance, Budget and Forecast development and corporate governance preferred
- Prior supervisory experience highly desired
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance initiatives
- Passion for LHD’s mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service