|This is a 60 minute intermediate level webinar and took place on April 14, 2020 at 2:00pm Eastern|
This retiree health plan webinar will help sponsors understand the compliance issues surrounding the retiree health plan coverage.
The retiree health plan webinar will also:
- Discuss whether retirees that are included in a health plan covering active employees can be treated differently than active employees (such as different contributions and benefits) and the nondiscrimination rules that should be taken into account
- Discuss the effect of offering retiree coverage on an employer’s COBRA obligations
- Discuss how the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) rules and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) apply to retirees in contrast with individuals with current employment status
- Provide a brief overview of reporting obligations retiree-only plans must comply with including 1094/1095 reporting, Form 5500, Summary Annual Report (SAR), and Section 111 MSP reporting
- Provide a broad overview of the retiree drug subsidy program
Lorie Maring is a partner in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She advises employers and employee benefit insurance consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans.