1 in 5 Hoosiers is Facing Hunger
On a yearly basis, hundreds of thousands of hungry Hoosiers depend on food and other critical grocery products provided by Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana. Gleaners supplies items to hunger relief agencies and schools throughout 21 counties in central and southeastern Indiana. Your time can make a big difference in the lives of hungry Hoosiers. Learn more about individual and group volunteer opportunities at gleaners.org.
1 Day of Volunteering = 3,140 Meals
We split into pairs, with the first production/assembly group tasked with the canning line. By the end of the day, they had sorted through 1,050 pounds, equivalent to 875 meals. The second group focused on scanning and sorting donations from grocery stores. Their hard work paid off as they processed a whopping 2,178 pounds of donations, providing 2,265 meals by day’s end!
- Robin Heppner, Lead Account Manager
- Patty Elsten, Lead Financial Analyst
- Lenay Lipsey, Account Manager
- Meg Macasocol, Client Services Manager
- Zach Howe, Digital Marketing Specialist
- Ben Fuelberth, Partner
- Beth Tollison, Lead Account Manager
- Kathy Thomas, Senior Account Manager
- Reed Austin, Account Coordinator